Tsawwassen Optometry Clinic Open & Offering Appointments!
Thank you for working with us to maintain a healthy community. We look forward to seeing you soon!
With the BC Government reopening plan, optometrists have returned to providing routine eye care. At this time, we have reopened by appointment only for all services. Our office has worked hard to ensure a safe environment for our patients, doctors and staff, while still providing the same level of service our patients know and love.
Here is some more information about what we are doing to protect our patients and staff:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- We ask that all patients come in wearing a face mask.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- To limit the amount of people in the office, we ask that you come alone for your appointment.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart. Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum. Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible